Tennis Coaching Profile
- DCA: LTA Licensed Coach
- University: LLB Law, Cardiff University
- Tennis Wales Coach of the Year 2007
- LTA Coach of the Month May 2011
- Nominated for 6 Tennis Wales Awards
- Welsh International Athlete
- Welsh Premier League Footballer
- Welsh International Tennis Player
Coaching Employment & Experiences
- June 2008 – To Date: Head Coach of Rhiwbina Tennis Club, Cardiff
- May 2005 – May 2008: Tennis Development Officer for Pembrokeshire County Council in partnership with Tennis Wales
- May 2005 – May 2008: Head Coach of Tennis Pembrokeshire & Performance Squads
- Nov 2003 – Nov 2004: Tennis Coach in Cambodia & China working in partnership with Greenwich University
- LTA Rating 4.1 (Oct 2015)
- ITF World Ranking: 17 (35+ Sept 2015)
- ITF Singles Titles: Tenerife 2014, Felixstowe 2015
- ITF Doubles Titles: Felixstowe 2015
- Aegon Titles: 5
- Winter League Titles: 3
- Summer League Promotions: 3
- Welsh International: Bolton, May 2015 (35+)
- South Wales Captain: Eastbourne, August 2015 (35+)
Tennis Coaching Qualifications
- LTA Level 1 Assistant
- LTA Level 2 Assistant
- LTA Level 3 Coaching Award
- 2011 – HND in Leisure Management
- 2012 – 2:1 in Business Management at the University of Glamorgan
- Member of Rhiwbina Men’s 1st Team
- Member of Rhiwbina Men’s Aegon Team
- Rating: 5.2
Toddler Tennis: for 2-4 year olds. Wednesday 10am & Saturday 1030am.
Mini Red 8u: 4-5pm every week day. 1030am Saturdays.
Mini Orange 9u: 4-5pm every week day. 1030am Saturdays.
Mini Green 10u: 5-6pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. 1030am Saturdays.
Junior 14u: 5-6pm Tuesday. 6-7pm Friday. 1130-1230pm Saturdays.
Adult Improvers: 8-9pm Mondays. £5 pay and play.
Adult Rusty Rackets: 1230pm-130pm Saturdays. £5 pay and play.
For players who would like to improve their rating/ranking.
Mini Green. 4-5pm Tuesdays.
U12 boys. 4-5pm Fridays.
U12 girls. 5-6pm Fridays.
U14 boys. 7-8pm Fridays.
U16 boys. Mondays 5-6pm.
U16 girls. Mondays 7-8pm.
Ladies. Mondays 6-7pm.
All coaching sessions are £4 per session. The course will coincide with school terms.
All performance squads are £6 per session with a maximum group size of 4.
SPECIAL OFFER – 3 weekly sessions for the price of 2.
To sign up for a course please forward payment with cheques made payable to Tom James, 33 Velindre Road, Whitchurch, Cardiff. CF14 2TE. 07814 019435.
9am-1pm every day of the school holidays. Multi sports including football, hockey, table tennis, athletics and tennis. £10 per day. Advanced booking/payment.
Private Lessons: are available 7days a week at £18 a session with a bi-lingual coach.
We aim to coach players so that they can maximise their potential. One of the main objectives is that juniors will progress to represent the club at senior level and enjoy the game for life! We have 31 competitive teams with playing opportunities for all standards.
Friendly Match or Social Practice
If you would like to meet new players, please contact our coaches who will arrange some fun and friendly practice sessions for you!
Enjoy your tennis!
LTA Full Licensed Coach Tennis Wales Coach of the Year 2007 LTA Coach of the Month May 2011